(These are mixed ability questions for all ages)
- In the game of monopoly, what does each player get when they pass Go?
- What instrument has types called grand or baby grand?
- What is a Victualler more commonly known as?
- Name the middle colour in the Irish flag?
- What is the capital of Portugal?
- In America it is called a faucet, what do we call it in Ireland?
- Which county is known as the Premier county?
- Mumbai and Kolkata are cities in what Asian country?
- Which legendary king pulled the sword Excalibur from the stone?
- What Anne did William Shakespeare marry?
- How many sides in a triangle?
- When your tooth falls out, what fairy comes to take it away?
- Where does Sponge Bob live?
- What is another name for Iron Oxide?
- What does a witch use to fly on during Halloween?
Answers: 1. 200 euro 2. Piano 3. Butcher 4. White 5. Lisbon 6. Tap 7. Tipperary 8. India 9. Arthur 10. Hathaway 11. Three 12. Tooth fairy 13. Under the sea 14. Rust 15. A broom
Please come back in April for another set of brain busting questions!!!!
1: Who created the Model-T car?
2: What is England’s national flower?
3:Who was the first Christian Emperor of Rome?
4:What maritime county in Ireland has the shortest coastline?
5: What is the main colour of Earth when looked at from space?
6: How do you recognise a Manx cat?
7: What is the name of the river that runs through Athenry?
8: Which are more numerous on a piano? White keys or black keys?
9: George Washington was the first president of the United States, true or false?
10:What colours are on the jersey worn by Galway GAA teams?
11: Who is the current Taoiseach?
12: In Scoil Chroí Naofa, in which yard do the infants play?
13: What is known as the “Ship of the desert”?
14: What do Sumo wrestlers throw into the ring before a bout of wrestling?
15: Do hegdehogs hibernate, true or false?
16: Who invented the telephone?
17: What is the Irish word for cold?
18: Who wrote the musical piece “Messiah”?
19: How many strings on a violin? Four.
20: What was the name of Harry Potters school?
1: Henry Ford 2: The Rose 3: Constantine 4: Leitrim 5: Blue 6: It has no tail 7: The Clarin 8: White keys. 88 keys in total 9: True 10: Maroon and White 11: Leo Varadkar 12: Bottom yard 13: A camel 14: Salt 15: True 16: Alexander Graham Bell. 1876 17: Fuar 18: Handel 19: Four 20: Hogwarts
1. How many cent in ten euro?
2. Which singer was simply known as the king?
3. In which county is Vinegar hill and Tuskar rock?
4. Which w is the twisted thread in the middle of a candle?
5. How many lines does a limerick have?
6. What sort of shop did the great fire of London break out in 1666?
7. Which athlete has won the most Olympic medals?
8. How many months have 28 days?
9. What type of tree do dates grow on?
10. Podge Collins plays hurling and football for which county?
11. Anthropology is the study of what?
12. What is a baby owl called?
13. Which planet in the Solar System has the most moons?
14. Which party was led by Charles Stewart Parnell?
15. Who sang the song Shotgun?
16. What kind of animal is a Merino?
17. In what country is Lufthansa the national airline?
18. Who beat Galway in the 2018 all Ireland hurling final?
19. What is the Irish word for yellow?
20. What is the name of the dog in Shaun the Sheep?
1. 1000 2. Elvis 3. Wexford 4. Wick 5. Five 6. Bakery 7. Michael Phelps 8. All 9. Date palm tree 10. Clare 11. Humans 12. Owlet 13. Jupiter 14. Home Rule party 15. George Ezra 16. Sheep 17. Germany 18. Limerick 19. Buí 20. Bitzer
- Who won the 2018 Premier League?
- In what continent would you find Zimbabwe?
- Which animal lives in a sett?
- Where would you find the pupil and the cornea?
- What colour do you get if you mix blue and yellow?
- What instrument is on the flag of Leinster?
- What animal runs the fastest?
- What number is X in roman numerals?
- What country is Andrew the patron saint of?
- Who is Prince William of England married to?
- Who is the king of the jungle?
- Who is the king of the birds?
- Who wrote the Cat in the Hat?
- What is Teresa May’s job?
- How many players on a rugby team?
- Who are the all-Ireland hurling champions?
- What type of food is stilton and gouda?
- What is the brown ball worth in snooker?
- What is the hottest planet in the solar system?
- How many is a baker’s dozen?
- Manchester City 2. Africa 3. Badger 4. Eye 5. Green 6. Harp 7. Cheetah 8. Ten 9. Scotland 10. Kate Middleton 11. Lion 12. Wren 13. Dr. Seuss 14. Prime Minister of the UK 15. Fifteen 16. Limerick 17. Cheese 18. Four 19. Venus 20. Thirteen
(For the answers to the previous June quiz see below)
- Where does the president of the United States of America live? The White House
- What is the largest brass instrument in an orchestra? The Tuba.
- Which country does parmesan cheese come from? Italy
- What is the name of the highest Mountain in Africa? Kilimanjiro
- What type of tree do dates grow on? Date Palm
- What are the colours of the five Olympic rings? Red, blue, green, yellow and black.
- How many holes are there in a standard ten pin bowling ball? Three
- What letter is located between letter E and T on a computer keyboard? R
- How many cards are there in a complete pack of cards? 52
- Who was leader of the Romans when they invaded Britain in 55 and 54BC? Julius Caesar
- Can you pick out the adjective in the following sentence: The friendly dog barked for most of the day? Friendly
- What is the only US state that starts with the letter ‘P’? Pennsylvania
- What is the largest island in the Mediterranean sea? Sicily
- What is the most popular sport throughout the world? Soccer
- Is hot air lighter or heavier than cold air? lighter