Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Email: [email protected]
Dear Parents Issue: 13 20th January 2016
Enrolment Forms for new children starting school in September 2016 have been distributed. Please return by the Friday, the 29th of January. Forms are available in the office.
The staff of Scoil Chroí Naofa consider punctuality to be of paramount importance. Please ensure that your child is in school by 8.50am to avoid constant disruption to morning prayers and to the beginning of the school day for teachers. There were a significant number of children coming in late regularly last term.
English classes for the duration of 6 weeks at a cost of €30 will be available in January for parents who have not English as their first language. If you are interested please contact the office. If numbers are insufficient, classes will not take place.
The 6th class girls will participate in the second session of the “You Shall Be My Witness Confirmation Programme” in Coláiste an Chlarin tomorrow Wednesday January 20th at 8pm.
Mr Wallace and Mrs Hallissey have selected four teams to participate in the Kilchreest Table Quiz which will be held in the Meadow Court Hotel Loughrea on Thursday the 21st of January at 7.15pm
Confirmation girls and their parents are invited to attend “A Service of Light” in the Church this Friday, the 22nd of January at 7.30pm.
Transition Assessment Tests for 6th class pupils will take place in the Presentation College this Saturday, the 23rd of January from 9.30 – 11.30am. Principal will address parents at 10am.
The next Communion Preparation Mass for second class and their parents will take place this Sunday, the 24th of January at 11am.
Mr McDonald will coach basketball to children from 4th up to 6th on Mondays (from Monday January 25th) for 6 weeks from 2.30pm to 3.30pm at a cost of €18.
Parent/Teacher meetings for Junior Infants will take place next week on Tuesday & Wednesday 27th & 28th of January. Appointments will be sent today and tomorrow. Mrs O’Reilly, Miss Sheridan and Miss Tyrell’s classes will go home at 1.15pm on those days.
The four senior classes will participate in the Peace Proms Choir Concert which will take place in the Kingfisher hall NUIG on Saturday week the 30th of January at 8pm. The Peace Proms Committee request the following;
- Children are requested to attend a rehearsal in the same venue on the same day at 5.45pm sharp.
- Please give plenty of time to park your car as parking is very limited in the University campus. Allow time to walk to venue.
- Choir members will wear white t-shirt/shirt/blouse (no logos) and dark trousers/dark skirt and dark tights
- Children are required to wear a pair of sunglasses for a particular song
- Children may bring a snack and a bottle of water in a plastic disposable bag. Do not bring lunchboxes, handbags or carrier bags.
- The concert will finish at 9.45pm approximately.
At the concert the children will sing a medley of songs with other primary school children in county Galway. They will be accompanied by an award winning youth orchestra called the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland. This orchestra was established in 1995 as a peace initiative composed of 100 exceptionally talented young musicians from north and south of Ireland. The core message is universal peace which remains central to the music and mission of the Peace Proms Programme. The orchestra will also perform a blend of traditional and folk music reflecting the heritage and culture of Ireland. Tickets can still be purchased from www.peaceproms.com for €15 per person or €50 for family of four. Advisable to book early to avoid disappointment. Children performing do not have buy a ticket A very sincere thank you to the class teachers, Mrs Monson, Miss Murray, Mrs Greally and Mrs Hennessy for teaching and training the girls for this event.
- Two teams will participate in the Credit Union Table Quiz in Coláiste an Chláirín on Sunday, the 31st of January at 2pm.
- Grandparents will be invited to Grandparents Day which will take place on Wednesday the 3rd of February as part of Catholic School Week.
- Miss Sheridan will provide a Senior Infants’ Activity Club to include Physical Education & Visual Art activities on Wednesdays (commencing 3rd of February) from 2.45pm to 3.45pm at a cost of €20.
- Parent’s Council are organising a Table Quiz in Dowling’s Bar on Friday, the 5th of February at 8.30pm.
- Confirmation will take place on Saturday, the 13th of February at 2.30pm.
Yours sincerely________________________Teresa Neylon Principal