Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Email: [email protected]
Dear Parents Issue: 22 23rd April 2015
Congratulations to the following children who were awarded prizes at the County Community Games in Mountbellew last Saturday.
- Giovana was awarded 1st Prize in the Under 14 Art Category and has qualified to the All Ireland Community Games Art Competition which will be held in August
- Michelle was awarded 3rd Prize in the Under 12 Art Category.
The children in 3rd class are really enjoying their Swimming Lessons in the Raheen Woods Hotel this week. They are making great progress. They are also enjoying walking up and down to the hotel in the sunshine.
Ruth O’Reilly, the Connacht Senior Women’s Captain, an Irish International and part of the Six Nation’s Winning Team will be visiting the school with the Women’s Six Nation’s Cup on Monday, the 27th of April. She will talk to the children about her experience as an International Rugby Player.
The School Photographer will be returning to the school on Wednesday, the 29th of April to take individual photos of 6th class girls and 1st class boys at the request of the Parents Council.
John Morris Burke from the FAI will continue to provide a Football Club to Mrs. Monson’s class on Fridays.
Tests will be administered to children from 1st class up to 6th class from over the next few weeks. A Grant was received from the Department over the last few years to subsidise the cost of tests. Please forward test fee outlined below to your child’s teacher immediately.
||ENGLISH & MATHS
|2ND,3RD,4TH,5TH & 6TH CLASSES
||ENGLISH, MATHS & IRISH
Dates for Diary
- Monday – Wednesday, 4th – 6th May – School Closed
- First Holy Communion for 2nd class on Sunday, the 24th of May at 12.30pm.
- Reception Meeting for parents of new pupils for September 2014 on Wednesday, the 10th of June.
- Open afternoon for new Junior Infants on Thursday, the 11th of June from 12.30 – 1.30pm.
- Graduation Mass for 6th class girls and 1st class boys on Friday, the 26th of June at 11am
Yours sincerely, _______________________Teresa Neylon, Principal