Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Email: [email protected]
Dear Parents 22nd June 2015
Please forward to the class teacher a Stamped Self Addressed Envelope for each of your children’s end of year reports.
The children do not need to wear their uniforms for the remainder of the school year.
All the children have received their Book List today. The Book Rental Scheme is available for some books on the Book List. If you wish to order books from our Book Rental Scheme there are two options:
- Enclose a list of the books required with the fee in a sealed envelope with your child’s name clearly marked. All of the orders will be collected and children will receive their books as soon as possible or
- Parents are invited into the staffroom to rent their children’s books on Tuesday & Wednesday, the 23rd & 24th of June from 12.30 – 2.30pm. Assistance required from Parents Council.
If parents wish to donate novels, current or old school books they would be very much appreciated.
Parents have been very generous in the past in donating uniforms. These uniforms are given to families who find the beginning of the school year difficult. If you wish to donate uniforms to the school please forward them to the secretary’s’ office. The Uniform Sale will take place in the staffroom on Wednesday, the 24th of June from 1.30 – 2pm.
Graduation Mass for the 6th class girls and the 1st class boys will take place on Thursday, the 25th of June at 11am. The Board of Management, Parents Council and parents of 6th class girls and 1st class boys are invited to this special Mass.
Sixth class girls will be getting their holidays on Thursday at 2.30pm. The staff wish the girls health and happiness in their new school.
The Board of Management seek an annual contribution of €30 per child or €50 per family The Board wish to thank again those families who gave a Voluntary Contribution during the year. If you would like to contribute, we would be very grateful for your donation. In the light of the economic climate, staff has requested that no gifts be given to them throughout the year. Instead however, your appreciation of staff can be acknowledged in your Voluntary Contribution.
In accordance with Section 18 of the Education Welfare Act 2000, if a pupil is absent for more than 20 days during the school year, the school authorities must inform the Education Welfare Board. We are obliged to report pupils and reported reasons for absenteeism to the Board annually. You will be notified on the end of year report if your child has been reported to the Welfare Board.
Children will commence their Summer Holidays on Tuesday the 30th June at 11.45am.
The school will re-open on Monday the 31st of August at 8.50 a.m. Children in Junior Infant classes will go home at 12 o’clock for the first two weeks.
REMINDERS FOR SEPTEMBER
- We recommend children from junior infants up to 1st class to purchase shoes with velcro as some of them are having difficulty tying their laces.
- Runners are required for Physical Education lessons.
- Children also require old large shirts for Visual Art lessons.
- If you need to purchase pencils for your children, please avoid novelty pencils. The pencils recommended from senior infants up to 6th class are HB Faber Castell.
Finally, the Board of Management, staff and I would like to wish you and your families a very enjoyable, relaxing, safe and sunny holidays. Thank you for your support and co-operation throughout the year.
_______________ _______________ _______________
Teresa Neylon, Cathriona Cronin Veronica Murray
Principal Deputy Principal Acting Deputy Principal