Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Email: [email protected]
Dear Parents Issue: 14 27th January 2016
The 6th class girls will participate in the third session of the “You Shall Be My Witness Confirmation Programme” in Coláiste an Chlarin tonight Wednesday January 27th at 8pm.
Parent/Teacher meetings for Junior Infants will take place today and tomorrow, 27th & 28th of January. Mrs O’Reilly, Miss Sheridan and Miss Tyrell’s classes will go home at 1.15pm on those days.
Please return Enrolment Forms for new children starting school in September 2016 by this Friday, the 29th of January.
The four senior classes will participate in the Peace Proms Choir Concert which will take place in the Kingfisher hall NUIG this Saturday the 30th of January at 8pm. At the concert the children will sing a medley of songs with other primary school children in county Galway. They will be accompanied by an award winning youth orchestra called the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland. A very sincere thank you to the class teachers, Mrs Monson, Miss Murray, Mrs Greally and Mrs Hennessy for teaching and training the girls for this special event. The Peace Proms Committee request the following;
- Children are requested to attend a rehearsal in the same venue on the same day at 5.45pm sharp.
- Please give plenty of time to park your car as parking is very limited in the University campus. Allow time to walk to venue. Children are requested to enter at the rear door of the Sports
- Choir members will wear white t-shirt/shirt/blouse (no logos) and dark trousers/dark skirt and dark tights
- Children are required to wear a pair of sunglasses for a particular song
- Children may bring a snack and a bottle of water in a plastic disposable bag. Do not bring lunchboxes, handbags or carrier bags.
- The children from our school will be performing in the Red Choir Block. Ensure you are seated in front of them for best viewing.
- Recording is not permitted.
- The concert will finish at 9.45pm approximately. Parents are requested to remain seated as teachers will bring children to parents.
Tickets can still be purchased from www.peaceproms.com for €15 per person or €50 for family of four.
Mr Wallace and Mrs Hallissey have selected the following two teams to participate in the Credit Union Table Quiz which will be held in the Coláiste an Chláirín this Sunday the 31st of January at 2.00pm; Senior Team Members are Ciara, Amy, Lauren and Kayla, Junior Team Members are Sophie, Willow, Farah and Ailbhe.
Sixth class will attend Retreat hosted by the Youth Team in the Pastoral Centre on Monday Feb 1st in preparation for their confirmation.
Catholic Schools’ Week is being celebrated nationally from Sunday, the 31st to Saturday the 6th of February. The theme this year is to proclaim God’s Mercy. Pope Francis wants us to remember that our God is a God of love and compassion who forgives all. Grandparents are invited to visit the school on Grandparents’ Day which will take place on Wednesday the 3rd of February at 10.45am. They will visit their grandchildren’s classrooms and afterwards refreshments will be provided in the school hall at the courtesy of the Parents’ Council. We want to honour and celebrate grandparents for the important part they play in the community and most significantly in the lives of their grandchildren.
There will be a Staff Meeting on Thursday week the 4th of February. Children will go home at 1.15pm.
Miss Sheridan will provide a Senior Infants’ Activity Club to include Physical Education & Visual Art activities on Wednesdays (commencing 3rd of February) from 2.45pm to 3.45pm at a cost of €20.
The Parents’ Council are organising a Fun Table Quiz in Dowling’s Bar on Friday week, the 5th of February at 8.00pm. . Mr Wallace and Mrs Hallissey have selected a wide variety of fun questions and activities. This year we have the added bonus of music during intermission provided by Mr Byrne. A great night of sport and laughter is in store. It will cost €10 per person (cost per table is €40). Your support would be greatly appreciated. The proceeds of the Quiz will go towards funding bus fares and workshops for the children.
- Confirmation will take place on Saturday, the 13th of February at 2.30pm.
- Mid Term Break will take place on Thursday and Friday the 18th & 19th of February.
- Church Gate Collection for Medieval Town Band will take place on Saturday and Sunday, the 27th & 28th of February.
- The next Cash for Clobber Collection will take place on Tuesday the 2nd of March.
Yours sincerely________________________Teresa Neylon Principal