Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Email: [email protected]
Dear Parents Issue: 04 1st October 2014
Congratulations to the girls who participated in the second round of the Athletic Association Irish Primary Schools Cross Country Championship. The junior team came fifth place; Leonore, Amy, Kayla, Abigail, Ciara and Charlotte. Caoimhe ran in the senior category as an individual. Well done to Kayla who was awarded a Bronze Medal and qualified to the Connacht Championship in Sligo.
Band practice commenced today and will take place every Wednesday. If your child is selected to play the Bell Lyre, Melodica or Accordion, a rental fee of €25 will be required. €10 will be refunded at the end of the year if the instruments are returned in good condition.
Parents of sixth class girls who will be making their Confirmation are invited to attend a meeting in St. Mary’s Pastoral Centre tonight, Wednesday, the 1st of October at 8.00pm.
We wish to invite you to our Opening of Year Mass in the Church which will take place this Friday, the 3rd of October at 10am.
Ms. Sheridan’s Sports Club for senior infants is now fully booked up. She will re-schedule another Sports Club for the balance of the senior infants at a future date.
Second class children will commence Tin Whistle next week. Tin Whistle in the key of C are available at the office at a cost of €6.50.
Parents of junior infants are invited to a meeting this Monday, the 6th of October at 8pm. This meeting is about the new Jolly Phonics Programme. It is essential that parents support their children’s literacy in their early years.
There will be a Staff Meeting on Thursday, the 9th of October. Children will go home at 1.15pm.
Presentation College Information Open Night for new First Years on Tuesday, the 21st October at 7.30pm.
Please revise the School Rules overleaf with your child.
Yours sincerely _________________________________ Teresa Neylon Principal
- No nuts of any kind are allowed.
- Drinks are not allowed in the school yard.
- Children are required to bring nutritious lunches according to our Healthy Eating Policy
- Chewing gum, crisps, fizzy drinks and glass bottles are not allowed in the school
- Pupils must be punctual at all times. School begins at 8.50am. Afternoon classes begin at 12.30pm. Junior and Senior Infants go home at 1.30pm. Pupils in First Class up to Sixth Class go home at 2.30pm. The Board of Management does not take responsibility for children in the school yard before 8.45pm or after 2.30pm unless they are attending extra-curricular classes.
- The following behaviour is strictly forbidden:-
Shouting and running within the school building, loitering, vandalism, littering, rudeness, giving cheek, bad language, name calling, rough play, kicking, punching, throwing stones, scratching or scraping.
- All types of bullying including Cyber Bullying and Racial Bullying are unacceptable and strictly forbidden.
- Jewellery must be kept to a minimum.
- Runners, tracksuits or shorts & t-shirts must be worn for Physical Education.
- Children who have been absent from school must bring a written explanation to the teacher/principal.
- Children must follow the safe route in and out of the school grounds, i.e. to enter through the stiles, to follow route set out by green fence, to walk behind the prefab and into playground or to enter from the upper playground.
- During school hours children are not allowed to leave the school premises without permission from parents.
- Children are not allowed into the school building during playtime without permission.
- All types of mobile phones are forbidden
- The correct full school uniform must always be worn with suitable, safe, flat footwear.
- The full school uniform must be worn for the Confirmation Ceremony.
- Long hair should always be tied back.
- Make-up is strictly forbidden.
- Only small safe earrings are acceptable i.e. studs, sleepers. No large hoops or long dangling earrings are allowed.
- Nose jewellery is strictly forbidden.
- Long necklaces or chains are not allowed.
- Nails should be kept short. Long/False nails are forbidden.