Dear Parents, Issue: 32 May 28th 2014
Testsare being administered to children from 1st class up to 6th class. Please forward test fee to your child’s teacher, if you have not already done so. Fee for 1st class is €2 and fee for 2nd up to 6th class is €3.
A special congratulations to the following children who were presented with the Caring Kid Award during No Bullying Week 2014: Emma Clayden Murphy, Emilis Drambrauskas, Emma, Haley, Ethan, Hollie, Sinead, Kacey Leigh, Laura, Weronika, Aoibhe, Leonore, Blaithnaid, Tara, Ava, Amy, Giovani & Deirdre.
The Student’s Council held their annual Bake Sale last Friday. It was a great success. A very sincere thank you to all who donated cakes, bread, buns or treats towards the Bake Sale and all of you who financed and supported the event. The sum of €900 was raised and will go towards Special Olympics Ireland. This organisation offers many sports to people with an intellectual disability. Miss Murray is a volunteer with Special Olympics for 17 years and she will be helping out in Limerick this June at the 2014 Ireland games. Therese in 6th class is a member of the No Limits Special Olympics Bowling Club. She has won many medals in a variety of competitions. She has made many new friends.
Heartiest congratulations to the 25 girls who made their First Holy Communion last Sunday. A special thank you to the Parent’s Council who financed their Communion party.
Mr. Wallace selected nineteen children to take part in the County Sports yesterday in Dangan. The children had a most enjoyable day. Congratulations to Leonore Church who came third in the under nine category of the Long Distance Race.
The Primary School Camogie Blitz organised by the Camogie Club is taking place tomorrow Thursday, the 29th of May from 10am to 2pm in Carnaun/Raheen pitch. The senior camogie team, 3rd class and a few children from 2nd class will participate in this event.
The children will have no school on Monday, June 2nd as it is a Bank Holiday.
We apply every year to participate in the Medtronic Foundation Projects. We were selected this year to take part in two projects, the Kinex Workshops and the Heart Dissection Workshop. Some children from Ms. Monaghan’s class will be representing their class at the Kinex County Championship which will take place in the Radisson Hotel on Tuesday, the 3rd of June at 6.30pm. Two children from Mrs. Cronin’s class will also represent their class in relation to all the learning that took place during their recent Heart Dissection Workshop.
Mr. McDonald will select a number of children in the senior classes to participate in a Basketball Blitz in Claregalway on Wednesday, the 4th of June.
There will be a Staff Meeting next Thursday, the 5th of June. All children will go home at 1.15pm.
Ms. Treacy and Mrs. Burke are organising a Scoil Chroí Naofa Summer Camp. The camp is geared towards junior infants to 2nd class at a cost of €60. Activities include treasure hunt, baking, fancy dress, sports, Arts & Crafts, X-Factor, mystery tour, etc. Forms have been distributed. More forms are available at the office.
The following are details of all tours which will take place over the next two weeks;
- Ms. Tyrrell’s & Mr Wallace’s classes are going on their school tour to a Let’s Go Activity Camp in NUIG Kingfisher, Galway, tomorrow, Thursday May 29th. The children will depart at 8.30 am and return at 4 pm. The cost of this tour is €28.
- Ms Treacy’s & Mrs Burke’s Senior Infant classes are going on their school tour to Loughwell Farm in Moycullen on Tuesday June 3rd. The children will depart at 8.50 a.m. and will return at 2.00 p.m. The cost of this tour is €17.50.
- Mr. McDonald’s class are going on their school tour to The Farmyard in Corofin, Co. Clare on Wednesday June 4th. The children will depart at 8.15am and will return at 4.30pm. The cost of this tour is €25
- Mrs Monson’s class are going on their school tour to a Let’s Go Activity Camp in NUIG Kingfisher, Galway on Friday June 6th. The children will depart at 8.30 am and return at 4 pm. The cost of this tour is €30.
- Ms. Alani’s Junior Infant class are going on their school tour to Loughwell Farm in Moycullen on Wednesday June 11th. The children will depart at 8.50 a.m. and will return at 2.00 p.m. The cost of this tour is €17.00.
- Miss Sheridan’s Junior Infant class are going on their school tour to Loughwell Farm in Moycullen on Friday June 13th. The children will depart at 8.50 a.m. and will return at 2.00 p.m. The cost of this tour is €17.00.
- Mrs. Hennessy’s & Ms. Monaghan’s classes are going on their school tour to Adventure World in Limerick on Monday June 16th. The children will depart at 8.00 am and will return at 5.30 pm. The cost of this tour is €35.
- Mrs Cronin’s class are going on their school tour to Westport on Wednesday June 11th. The children will depart at 8 am and return at 6 pm. The cost of this tour is €35.
A very sincere thank you to the Parents Council who have financed the buses for the County Sports and the Primary School Camogie Blitz. They are also financing 50% of the bus fare for 3rd, 4th and 6th class tours as these are the most expensive tours.
- Reception Night for Parents on June 11th.
- Junior Infant Open Day on Jun 12th
- Graduation Mass on June 26th.