Parents Issue: 08 December 16th
- This year the Christmas concerts will take place
during the school day.
- Below is the schedule of what time each concert takes
- Highlights from each of the concerts will be recorded
and shared on the school YouTube channel
- Parents are permitted to record the play, but please
ensure it is for personal use only.
- Tuesday Dec 17th:
Junior Infants, Senior Infants, 1st class & 2nd class
- Each teacher will let the children know what they
should wear for the concert
- Parents should assemble in the hall at the designated start
time and will be brought to the classroom when the children are ready to
- Each concert will take place in the classroom, so be
aware that space will be limited
- 9am – 10am: Miss Tyrrell Junior Infants & Miss
Feeney’s Jun/Sen Infants
- 10am – 11am: Mr Hanley 1st class and Miss
O’Byrne 1st / 2nd class
- 11am – 12pm: Mrs Comer Junior Infants & Mrs
Murray’s Senior Infants
- 12pm – 12.45pm: Ms Alani’s Senior Infants
- 12.45pm – 1.30pm: Miss Dolan’s 1st class
- Wednesday Dec 18th:
3rd class, 4th class, 5th class & 6th
- 9.30am – 10.15am: recital of Peace Proms songs and
Christmas carols will take place in the hall. This is for parents of children
in Mr McDonald’s, Mrs Hennessy’s, Mrs Greally’s, Miss Murray’s 5th
class and Mrs Monson’s classes.
- All children should wear their full uniform, as usual.
It is okay to wear Christmas hats / hair bands, if desired.
Council Monster Raffle is scheduled to take place on Thursday, December
19th at 11a.m. in our school hall. A most sincere thank you, to all
the parents who have so generously donated spot prizes, especially all the
beautiful hampers. The prizes are currently on display in the hall. We very
much appreciate your support in making this a successful event.
family has received a numbered card
line on the card is €2 each so each card is worth €20
must be returned whether filled or not
card is complete, please send card and money into the secretary
can request additional cards if so desired
are encouraging children to ask family and close neighbours for sponsorship as
their safety is of utmost importance
All cards and money have to be returned
before Wednesday, December 18th, whether they are complete or not.
We truly appreciate your support once again.
The girls from 4th
to 6th class who are altar servers in the church are singing carols
at the Christmas Novena in the church on Thursday at 7.30pm.
- School closes on
Friday December 20th at 11.45am, school re-opens on Monday January 6th
- Children may wear
Christmas jumpers on Friday, if they wish.
the following pupils for making an extra special effort to speak Irish for the month
of November: Emma Greene, Tom Collins, Ruby Moloney, Hayleigh Lardner, Leah
Matthews, Rianna Poceja, Ben McCarthy, Keelin Murtagh, Anna Clancy, Tamia
Kelly, Cadhla Dooley, Alva Stapleton & Áine Hannon.
Christmas Art Competition:
Kacie Lally & Ailbhe Mannion who both won prizes in the Christmas Art
competition which was run by the Athenry Christmas Lights committee.
As part of science week, the school received 4 native Irish trees from
Dangan nurseries. Mr Naughton & some representatives from the different
classes in the school planted these trees on the school grounds.
Full uniform compliance is expected every day, as always. Pupils can
wear a Christmas hat or jumper on Friday, should they so wish.
The Education Welfare Officer (E.W.O) has already held an attendance clinic
this term. He has organised another clinic for early next term. Parents of
pupils who have missed 10 or more days will be asked to attend. Please ensure
your child has good attendance throughout the year.
age-appropriate Internet Safety talk has been arranged for Thursday
January 16th. It will be delivered to all the children from 1st
class up to 6th class during the school day. It will be followed up
with a Parent session that evening here in the school. Parents are strongly
encouraged to attend this evening session. The facilitator of the sessions is
Jeremy Pagden who comes very highly recommended.
- Transition tests for Presentation
college: Saturday January 18th 2020
- First Communion Mass: Sunday January 26th
at 11am in the church
- Peace Proms concert: Sunday January
26th at 7pm in Kingfisher NUIG
- Grandparents day will take place
on Wednesday January 29th.
- Staff Meeting in Term 2: there will be a
half day on Thursday January 30th to facilitate a staff meeting. All
children will go home at 1.15pm.
- Service of Light: in the church at 7pm for all Confirmation children and their families.
- Credit Union Table Quiz: Clarin College on Sunday February 2nd at
- Book Fair: Annual book fair with Tara Book Company Mon Feb 10th to Fri
- Confirmation: Saturday Feb 15th at
- First Communion: Saturday May 23rd
at 12 noon
- Ms Alani will
offer Art Club to 1st class children commencing January 7th.
- Mr Hanley will
offer Sports Club to Senior Infant children commencing January 13th
- Miss Feeney will
offer Gaeilge Club to 2nd & 3rd class children
commencing January 14th
- Mr Naughton will
offer Guitar club to 5th & 6th class children.
Details will follow after Christmas.
- Christmas Novena
in Athenry church: 9 evenings of traditional prayers, carols and sacred music
starting on Monday December 16th at 7.30pm.
- Christmas market
in Coláiste an Eachréidh on Wednesday Dec 18th from 9am – 4pm.
The staff and Board of Management wish to thank our parent body for all
their support always. 2019 has been another memorable year for Scoil Chroí
Naofa. It’s been a pleasure working with you and your children.
Nollaig shona agus bliain nua mhaith!