Dear Parents Issue: 22 May 21st 2019
- Congratulations to the Senior girls who took part in a Gaelic Football blitz in Clarinbridge on Monday May 13th.This was our first Gaelic Football blitz and the girls were very impressive. They beat Kinvara in their first match and were narrowly beaten by Clarinbridge, who were the ultimate winners.
- Congratulations also to all the girls who took part in a Basketball Blitz in Cregmore on Tuesday May 14th.The girls were the runners up of the entire competition and returned to school with a Shield!
- Camogie girls will take part in a Camogie Blitz in Ballindereen on Thursday May 23rd. Parents Council will cover the cost of the bus.
- Athenry Club Camogie Blitz will take place in Carnaun pitch on Thursday June 13th. Parents Council will cover the cost of the bus.
- Gerry Spellman from the Galway GAA Coaching Committee is continuing to coach hurling to the pupils in Mrs Forde’s 1st class every Friday.
The Green school
committee are organising a “Green Day” to take place tomorrow,
Wednesday May 22nd:
- we will have our Monster Walk to School from Kenny Park
- Children are encouraged to wear their high visibility vests of arm bands
- Staff will be present at the venue from 8.30am
- If for any reason you cannot drop off your child at Kenny Park, the doors of the school will be open at the normal time
- children will be asked to have a “single-use plastic free” lunch i.e. reusable plastic bottles & lunch boxes only. (Kitchen paper is allowed).
- teachers & pupils will be extra vigilant about Energy Consumption both in school and at home
Mobile Pet Farm
There will be a Mobile Pet Farm visiting
the school on Friday May 24th. Thank you to Miss Moloney for
organising this. Parents Council will cover the cost of this visit.
Bee Bots in
Junior & Senior Infants:
Bee-Bot is an
exciting little robot designed to be used by young children. This colourful,
easy-to-operate, programmable and friendly little robot is a perfect tool for
teaching, counting, sequencing, estimation, problem-solving, literacy and just
having fun! The school is trying out a set of Bee-Bots in Junior & Senior
infants for a few weeks.
We would like to wish the very best of
luck to all the girls from second class who will make their First
Communion on Saturday May 25th at 12 noon in Athenry
Church. We hope you all have a wonderful day!
Children in 3rd
class will be attending Swimming Lessons in Tranquillity in
the Raheen Woods Hotel from Monday to Thursday, May 27th to May 30th
at a cost of €20. Please forward €20 to the class teacher, in an envelope with
your child’s name, if you have not already done so.
Open Day for
First Class Boys:
The Boys School
are inviting 1st class boys and their parents to come down to the
school at 1.30pm on Friday June 7th for an Open Day. The boys can be
collected from school at 1.15pm, to facilitate this.
week will take place Monday June 10th to Friday June 14th.
Mr McDonald will be co-ordinating the activities.
for New Junior Infants:
unforeseen circumstances the date for the Reception Night for the Parents of
new entrants for school year 2019 / 2020 has changed. It will now take place on
Wednesday June 19th at 8pm
in the school. The children due to start Junior Infants for school year 2019 /
2020 will be invited into the school on Thursday June 20th at 12pm
for one hour.
We are required
to collect and record details of each pupil’s Eircode, for the Department of
Education & Skills. Please provide your Eircode to your child’s class
teacher, at your earliest convenience.
forms were given to all the children in 1st class. Please complete
and return these forms to the class teacher as soon as possible. The dentist
will collect the forms next week. His plan is to call the pupils to his clinic
in Loughrea. Anyone who he does not get to see will be seen next year at
- Dates for School Tours:
- Wed May 29th: 1st class going to Lets Go camp in Kingfisher NUIG
- Thurs June 6th: 2nd class and Mr McDonald’s 3rd going to Athlone
- Fri June 7th: Senior Infants going to Atlantaquarium & Monkey Business, Galway
- Tues June 11th: 6th class going to Tayto Park
- Thurs June 13th: Junior Infants going to Turoe Pet Farm
- Mon June 17th: Miss Dolan’s (3rd/4th), Mrs Greally’s (4th) and Miss Murray’s (5th) going to Delta Sports Dome in Limerick
- Golddiggers will
launch their new album “Last Frontier” on Friday June 7th at 8pm in
the Raheen Woods hotel. Admission is free and there will be guests artists on
Foodie Fit Fan: we have been asked to provide information to you
about a summer camp helping kids learn and grow up in the kitchen. The service
also provides an after school cookery club from Monday to Friday. For further
information contact Diana at 087 7502996 or check out www.fitfoodiefan.com.
Yours sincerely, Fergal Naughton, Principal