Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Email: [email protected]
Dear Parents Issue: 13 January 15th, 2018
The staff and I hope you and your families had a very happy, peaceful Christmas. We wish you health and blessings for this New Year.
The Parents’ Council Monster Raffle took place before Christmas. Thank you so much to everyone who bought lines for the raffle. The sum of €3,715.80 was raised and this money will be used to fund buses, workshops and treats for the children over the course of the year. We are very grateful to the parents of all the children listed below who donated prizes for our raffle. The event would not have been such a success without your generosity. Special thank you to Eiranne Heffernan & Kim Somers who ran the raffle on the day.
||Hannah & Max Kennedy
||Kevin & Ailbhe Mannion
|Dylan & Seanna Coffey O’Brien
||Mary McGovern – Knitting Group
|Hannah & Eva Coye
||Ciara, Éabha & Keelin Murtagh
||Katie & Amy O’Hara
||Abigail & Jessica O’Shea
|Isaac & Isobel Heffernan
The Board of Management wish to thank all of you who gave the annual Voluntary Contribution during the first term. All donations are greatly appreciated. Donations of €30 per child or €50 per family will still be accepted and appreciated throughout the remainder of the school year.
Enrolment Forms for new children starting school in September 2018 will be distributed this week. Please complete and return by Wednesday, January 31st. Forms are available from the office.
Mr John Connolly Principal of the Boys National School will speak to the boys from 1st class tomorrow. He will give the boys their Enrolment forms for the Boys National School. Please complete the forms and return them to the Boys National School as soon as possible.
Mr. Hanley has re-commenced coaching for Table Quiz on Wednesday’s from 2.30 – 3.30pm. Teams have been selected to participate in the Kilchreest Table Quiz which will be held in the Meadow Court Hotel, Loughrea this Thursday January 18th at 7.15pm.
Transition Assessment Tests for 6th class pupils will take place in the Presentation College on Saturday, January 20th from 9.30 – 11.30am. Principal will address parents at 10am.
The next Confirmation Preparation Mass will take place on Sunday, January 21st at 11am. Service of Light for Confirmation children on Thursday, February 1st at 7.30pm. Confirmation for 6th class girls will take place on Saturday, February 24th at 2.30pm in the church.
The four senior classes will participate in the Peace Proms Choir Concert which will take place in the Kingfisher hall NUIG this Sunday, January 21st at 8pm. The Peace Proms Committee request the following;
- Children are requested to attend a 1 hour rehearsal in the same venue on the same day at 5.45pm sharp.
- Children will be directed to their seating by Mrs Monson
- Please allow plenty of time to park your car as parking is very limited in the University campus. Allow time to walk to venue.
- Choir members must wear white t-shirt/shirt/top (no logos) and black pants / tracksuit bottoms
- Soft shoes must be worn to minimise noise on the steps
- Children may bring a snack and a bottle of water in a paper / plastic bag, which can be disposed of after the children eat. No lunchboxes / bags will be allowed.
- Mobile phones are also forbidden.
- From the audience perspective, our choir will be positioned on the left hand side of the orchestra in the red zone.
- The concert will finish at 10.15pm
- After the concert has finished parents are asked to remain in their seats and teachers will bring the children to the parent collection point, which is adjacent to the stage.
A very sincere thank you to the class teachers, Mrs Monson, Miss Murray, Mrs Greally, Mrs Hennessy, Mr McDonald and Ms O’Byrne (Choir Co-ordinator) for training the girls for this event.
Parent/Teacher Meetings for Junior Infants will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, January 24th & 25th. Children from Junior & Senior Infants will go home at 1.15pm on both days. Appointments will be given to the children this week. Please make sure that you check your child’s school bag. If you are unable to attend on a particular day or time please notify the class teacher.
- The next Parents’ Council Meeting is scheduled for Thursday January 25th at 8pm. All parents are welcome to attend any of these meetings.
- Credit Union Table Quiz will be held in Clairin College on Sunday, January 28th at 2pm.
- Catholic Schools’ Week January 28th to Saturday February 3rd. Grandparents are invited to visit the school on Grandparents’ Day on Wednesday January 31st from 10.45 – 12.00 am.
- There will be a Staff Meeting on Thursday, February 1st. All children will go home at 1.15pm.
- Parents’ Council Annual Table Quiz will take place in Dowlings Pub on Friday, February 2nd.
- There will be no school on Wednesday, February 7th as the staff will be attending inservice on the New Primary Language Curriculum.
- MMR vaccine for Junior Infants scheduled for Wednesday March 14th & Thursday March 15th
Yours sincerely ______________________________Teresa Neylon, Principal