Following in the Footsteps of Nano Nagle
Scoil Chroí Naofa is a Presentation school. It is a Christian Catholic group of pupils, parents, staff and management. We share a similar vision. We live out the Christian message by handing on the Faith and Christian values. Nano Nagle was the foundress of the Presentation Order. Inspired by her vision, our Presentation school gives priority to:
- Providing pupils with an education for life and living
- Sharing and celebrating the vision of life
As a Presentation School, the Board of Management, Staff and Parents of Scoil Chroí Naofa are committed to:
- Respecting the dignity of each pupil, staff member and parent
- Cultivating good relationships
- Being inclusive and being especially mindful of the disadvantaged and those with special needs
- By welcoming children from diverse, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Providing a holistic education, enabling each student to achieve their full potential
- Striving for excellence in all aspects of school life
- Promoting a sense of responsibility and a spirit of service and care
- Promoting justice and care for the earth and all of God’s creation
- Being rooted in our local parish and wider community; being truly a resource for the local community and mindful of local needs
- Being open to alternative approaches to education especially for those who are most disadvantaged
- Engaging in reflective practice at all levels
- An cultúr agus an teanga gaelach a chothú agus a úsáid
Preparation for Sacraments
On the 3rd of April last, 34 girls in Second Class received the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Fr. Benny heard the girls make their first confession. The girls parents were invited to the school hall to see them receive their second sacrament. The Parents Council sponsored a party to celebrate.
First Communion 2017
On the 28th May, 34 girls in Second class made their First Holy Communion. It took place in The Church of the Assumption, Athenry. The girls have been preparing for their Communion since last September. This is the third Sacrament that they have received along with Baptism and Confession.
Confirmation Class 2017
Confirmation by Amy
On the 18th of February, sixth class made their Confirmation. It was a fantastic day. We sang a song called “Lord I lift your name on high.” We sang so well that the whole church gave us a huge round of applause. Bishop Neary confirmed us and it was such a special moment when we received the Ho;y Spirit. It was a very special day and our families and friends were there to share it with us. We all celebrated differently afterwards. Some went to a hotel, some went home for a party, some went to the cinema and others went away for a night. It was such a special day that we will always remember.
Catholic Schools Week 2017
Grandparents were invited to visit Scoil Chroí Naofa to celebrate Catholic Schools week. There was a wonderful response to the invitation, with grandparents and even great-grandparents, travelling fr0m near and far to see their darling grandchildren in their classrooms.
Presentation Day 2017
Presentation Day 2015