Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Dear Parents, Issue: 17 24th February 2016
Due to overcrowding in public areas and in the interests of child protection and public health & safety there will be a new routine for the collection of Junior and Senior Infants. This practice will commence tomorrow, Thursday the 25th of February 2016. It will consist of the following steps:
- No cars will be allowed onto school grounds except in exceptional circumstances agreed with principal. All cars should be parked outside the school grounds in the car parks outside the school gates or at the Church.
- Parents/Guardians will enter school grounds through the top or bottom yard only. No entry is permitted through the front doors.
- Children in all Junior & Senior classes will be collected from the bottom yard from now on:
- Please do not collect your child from the line until they have entered the shelter
- Murray’s Class, Mr Hanley’s Class and Miss Tyrrell’s Class will be collected from the shelter. Children will not be released by their teachers until parents approach their child and teacher.
- O Reilly’s Class will be collected at the Junior bottom yard door and Miss Sheridan’s Class will be collected at the Senior bottom yard door.
- If you need to speak to teacher, please be prepared to wait until all the children have been collected.
- All parents and children will then leave school grounds through the top or bottom yard. Parents are requested not to enter building as P.E. Band Practice and Choir will be taking place in the hall.
Your patience and co-operation is requested in implementing this new routine as these changes have been made in the interests of the smooth running of the school and the health and safety of all pupils.
Please ensure this message regarding the change of routine is passed on to the person bringing your child to and from school.