Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Dear Parents Issue: 02 10th September 2015
Junior Infants will go home at 1.30pm from Monday the 14th of September.
In the interest of safety and due to the large number of junior and senior infants we seek your co-operation with the following morning and evening routines.
- In the morning at 8.45am junior and senior infants line up in the yard where they say goodbye to their parents.
- Junior infants will be brought into the classroom by their class teachers.
- At 1.30pm parents of junior infants are requested to enter the school through the main door near the Principal’s office where they will queue outside their children’s classroom.
- Parents of senior infants will follow the same routine as last year. They will wait in the yard corridors and collect their children from the hall when all the senior infants have assembled.
- If you need to speak to teacher, please be prepared to wait until all the children have been collected.
The Board of Management recommends that all pupils avail of the Schools Personal Accident Insurance. Please complete form and forward either €6.00 or €9.00 depending on whatever option you choose by Friday, the 18th of September.
We seek your co-operation with the following reminders:
- Staff request all outstanding monies for books, copies, art & craft,photocopying and Literacy Lift Off to be forwarded to the class teacher immediately. Please comply with the following procedure when forwarding money to the school;
- Money should be placed in a sealed envelope.
- The child’s name should be marked on the outside.
- The amount in the envelope should be clearly stated.
- The purpose for which the money is forwarded should also be clearly stated.
- Please label all children’s clothes and belongings clearly including lunchboxes and drink containers.
- Please make sure that your child has Runners for PE.
- All children require an old large shirt (labelled) for Visual Art Activities.
- We do not allow Junior Infants to have yogurt or frubies until after Christmas. Please provide your child with a plastic bottle as they find it difficult to open juice cartons and Capri Suns.
- Please sign your child’s homework every night.
- Check your child’s schoolbag regularly for letters.
- Check your child’s hair to ensure that any infection of head lice is treated at once. Long hair should be tied back.
The staff have implemented an intensive Reading and Writing programme entitled Literacy Lift Off in Mr. Wallace’s class for a six week period. Every child will bring home a new book each night and parents are asked to read this book with their child. It is very important that the children are in school on time as the programme commences at 8.50am sharp. These children do not line up for assembly, they go straight to the classroom.
We wish to remind you of our Healthy Eating Policy which is currently being reviewed under the guidance of one of our parents Ruth Cawley who is a Clinical Dietician. Please see below the list of food allowed and forbidden. We wish to remind you that some children have a severe nut allergy, therefore provide your child with fruit/veg for first break. Green School Committee request that all children bring home their cartons, bottles, cling film and tin foil etc, in order to reduce the general waste in the school.
Fruit Juice (unsweetened)
Low Sugar Drinks
|All Sandwich fillingsBrown Bread
Teresa Neylon, Principal