Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Dear Parents Issue: 21 14th April 2015
The staff and children wish to congratulate Kate from 4th class who was awarded 24th place in the World Dancing Championships held in Montreal during the Easter holidays. We are all very proud of her.
John Morris Burke from the FAI will continue to provide a Football Club to Mrs. Monson’s class on Fridays.
Second class and parents are invited to the next Do This In Memory of Me Mass this Sunday, the 19th of April at 11am.
Children in 3rd class will attend five Swimming Lessons in the Raheen Woods Hotel from Monday to Friday next week. Please forward fee of €25 by Friday, the 17th of April. All pupils attending swimming lessons are requested to wear their swimsuits and tracksuits coming to school for the week. Hats may be purchased at the pool for €2.
A member of the Knitting Club, Maureen Cannon is an active member of the Irish Pilgrimage Trust. She provided a large Easter egg and gifts for a raffle. Mrs. Monson’s class also provided some raffle gifts. They knitted little chickens and Easter egg covers. The sum of €684 was raised. A special thank you to Mrs. Monson’s class who organised the raffle.
Extra Curricular Activities (2.30 – 3.30pm except Junior Infant Sports Club)
- Monaghan is providing Dance Club to children from 2nd to 4th on Mondays for 6 weeks at a cost of €18.
- Wallace will provide Sports Club to children for 1st class on Tuesdays for 6 weeks at a cost of €18 commencing next Tuesday, the 21st April.
- Sheridan will provide Sports Club to Junior Infant children on Wednesdays from 2.45 – 3.45pm for 6 weeks at a cost of €18 commencing this week.
- Hennessy will provide French Lessons to children from 4th to 6th on Wednesdays for 6 weeks at a cost of €18 commencing this week.
- McDonald will coach Basketball to children from 4th to 6th on Thursdays for 6 weeks at a cost of €18 commencing next Thursday, the 23rd of April.
- Alani is currently providing Art Attack to children from 4th & 5th on Fridays.
Dates for Diary
- First Holy Communion for 2nd class on Sunday, the 24th of May at 12.30pm.
- Reception Meeting for parents of new pupils for September 2014 on Wednesday, the 10th of June.
- Open afternoon for new Junior Infants on Thursday, the 11th of June from 12.30 – 1.30pm.
- Graduation Mass for 6th class girls and 1st class boys on Friday, the 26th of June at 11am
Yours sincerely, _______________________Teresa Neylon, Principal