Scoil Chroí Naofa
Dear Parents Issue: 20 May 23rd 2017
Heartiest congratulations to Mr Wallace who has just released his second book entitled “The Fallen”. It is a true story about 21 Gardaí who were killed in the line of duty between 1922 and 1949. It is available in shops from next Tuesday. Copies are also available in the school office at a cost of €15, for anyone that is interested.
Ms Alani who teaches First Class will be getting married on June 6th. Our whole School community wish her and her fiancé a very special memorable day & a life time of health & happiness.
Fidget spinners are banned from school as they are causing disruption and upset to teaching, learning and playtime.
Children from 1st up to 6th class have received their Test Results over the last few days. If you need to meet with teacher, please note date and time on test result letter.
There will be a Staff Meeting this Thursday, the 25th of May. Children will go home at 1.15pm.
Literacy Lift Off Programme is continuing in Ms Tyrrell’s Senior Infants. Every child will bring home a new book each night and parents are asked to read the book with their child.
If you wish to order photographs and have not already done so, please complete order form and insert correct amount of money into envelope provided and return to the school by this Thursday May 25th.
Parents’ Council will finance Bird Watching Workshops presented by Tom Cuffe to some classes from Junior Infants to Second Class today, tomorrow and another date to be confirmed.
Mr. Wallace has selected 16 children to participate in the County Sports Athletic Competition which is taking place in Dangan today Tuesday, May 23rd. Many thanks again to the Parents’ Council who have financed the bus.
Mrs Burke and Ms Tyrrell have selected a team to participate in the Cumann na mBunscoil Camogie Blitz in Kenny Park, Athenry tomorrow Wednesday, May 24th.
Sixth class will take part in a Cycle Safety Training Course consisting of 4 two hour sessions. The first session will take place on Thursday May 25th. This course is partially covered by a grant and the balance will be paid by the Parents’ Council.
The staff wish Mr. Mc Donald’s & Ms Monaghan’s 2nd class girls and their families a very special time this Sunday, the 28th of May as the children receive their First Holy Communion at 12.30pm. The children and their siblings may come to school at 10.30am on Monday morning. Many thanks to the Parents’ Council who will provide a party for them.
Children in 3rd class will be attending Swimming Lessons in Tranquillity in the Raheen Woods Hotel from Monday to Friday, May 29th to June 2nd. Please forward fee of €25 to class teacher, if you have not already done so. Children will leave their classroom at 8.50am sharp.
The Athenry Camogie Club are organising their Annual Camogie Blitz in Carnaun on Thurs June 1st. Some children from 1st up to 6th will participate in the Junior and Senior competitions. Buses will be financed by the Parents’ Council.
Summary of School Tours:
|Let’s Go camp, Kingfisher NUIG
||Tayto Park, Ashbourne, Co Meath
(Detailed letter to follow)
|Turoe Pet Farm
Dates for Diary
- Next Parents’ Council meeting will take place on Wed May 31st at 8pm
- Children from 1st upto 3rd will participate in a camogie/hurling blitz with the Boys National School on Friday the 9th of June.
- Athenry Community Council in collaboration with the Athenry Scouts wish to invite children to take part in a Pedal Parade for bike week on Sunday June 11th, There will be a talk on Road safety and a short cycle around the town. The community is invited to “pimp-up” their bikes.
- Next Cash for Clobber collection on Tuesday June 13th
- Reception Meeting for parents of new pupils for September 2017 on Wednesday, June 14th at 8pm.
- Open afternoon for new Junior Infants on Thursday, June 15th from 12.30–1.30pm. Anne O Rourke Psychologist from NEPS will speak to parents from 12.30 to 1.30pm in the school hall.
- Corpus Christi Procession on Sunday June 18th after 11am Mass.
- Active School Week from Monday to Friday June 19th to 23rd.
- Graduation Mass for 6th class girls & 1st class boys Friday June 23rd
Yours sincerely, _______________________Teresa Neylon, Principal