Scoil Chroí Naofa
Athenry, Co Galway
Dear Parents Issue: 02 September 15th 2016
Junior Infants will go home at 1.30pm from Monday the 19th of September.
In the interests of child protection and public health & safety the following are the morning and evening routines commencing for Junior Infants on Monday..
- No cars will be allowed onto school grounds except in exceptional circumstances agreed with principal. All cars should be parked outside the school grounds in the car parks outside the school gates or at the Church.
- Parents/Guardians will enter school grounds through the top or bottom yard only. No entry is permitted through the front doors.
- In the morning at 8.45am all children will line up in the yard where they will say goodbye to their parents.
- Junior infants will be brought into the school hall for morning assembly by their class teachers.
- Children in all Junior & Senior classes will be collected from the bottom yard at 1.30pm.
- Please do not collect your senior infant child from the class line until they have entered the shelter.
- Murray’s Class, Mr Hanley’s Class and Miss Tyrrell’s Class will be collected from the shelter. Children will not be released by their teachers until parents approach their child and teacher.
- O Byrne’s Class will be collected at the Junior yard door and Miss Sheridan’s Class will be collected at the Senior yard door. Student Council will guide you to the correct doors.
- If you need to speak to teacher, please be prepared to wait until all the children have been collected.
- All parents and children will then leave school grounds through the top or bottom yard.
Your patience and co-operation is requested in implementing the above routine as these changes have been made in the interests of the smooth running of the school and the health and safety of all pupils. Please ensure this message regarding the change of routine is passed on to the person bringing your child to and from school.
Senior Infants and 1st Class will participate in another Whole Class Intervention Programme entitled Maths Blast this year. Ms. Alani’s class will commence this programme next week for the duration of 3 weeks.
Mr Wallace has selected a Junior and a Senior Team to participate in the semi finals of the Athletic Association Irish Primary Schools Cross Country Championship which will take place in Renmore on Tuesday the 20th of September at 11.30am.
Mr. Wallace will provide Sports Club to 1st Class children on Tuesdays from 2.30 – 3.30pm for 6 weeks at a cost of €18 commencing on Tuesday, the 20th of September.
The Board of Management recommends that all pupils avail of the Schools Personal Accident Insurance. Forms have been distributed. Please forward either €6.00 or €9.00 depending on whatever option you choose by Friday, the 23rd of September.
Please check your child’s hair regularly to ensure that any infection of head lice is treated at once. Long hair should be tied back. An incidence of head lice has been reported in Mrs. Greally’s class.
Please forward all outstanding monies for books, copies, art & craft,photocopying and Literacy Lift Off to the class teacher immediately.
Class teachers call the roll every day at 11am. If your child has an appointment in the morning, please notify the teacher the day before so that your child can be marked present.
The staff and Parents Council have discussed the following and seek your co-operation in the best interests of all children: Birthday invitations should not be distributed on the school premises as it causes upset to the children who are not invited.
Some children have a severe nut allergy. The staff and I are seeking your co-operation in providing your child with fruit/veg for first break. Children are not allowed to bring any food out to the yard except fruit/veg.
If you change address, email or phone numbers, please inform secretary so she can update school records.
- There will be a Staff Meeting on Thursday, the 29th of September. Children will go home at 1.15pm.
- Confirmation will take place on the 18th of February.
- First Holy Communion will take place on the 28th of May.
Yours sincerely ______________________________Teresa Neylon, Principal