This policy was drawn up as a result of consultation between staff.
This policy is concerned with
- The promotion of an effective policy for enrolment/admissions in accordance with the provisions of the Education Act 1998, the Education Welfare Act 2000, the Education for Persons with Special Education Needs Act (2004) and all relevant equality legislation,D.E.S. Circular 24/2002 regarding transfer of pupils between schools, the NEWB publication entitled “Developing a Code of Behaviour : Guidelines for Schools” (2008) and the CPSMA Newsletter regarding Enrolment Policy Review.
- Assisting parents in relation to enrolment/admission matters
- Reflecting the mission statement of Scoil Chroí Naofa, Presentation Primary School, Athenry under the patronage of Bishop Neary, Tuam.
- Clarifying any further matters from the policy through contact with the Chairperson of the Board of Management, Gerry Farrell and the Principal, Mrs. Teresa Neylon, Scoil Chroí Naofa, Athenry, Co. Galway, phone number (091)844510.
This policy aims to ensure that the appropriate procedures are in place to enable the school
- To make decisions on all applications in an open and transparent manner consistent with the Ethos, the mission Statement of the school and legislative requirements
- To make an accurate and appropriate assessment of the capacity of the school to cater for the needs of applicants in the light of the resources available to it and
- To put in place a framework which will ensure effective and productive relations between pupils, parents and teachers where a pupil is admitted to our school