CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
SCOIL CHROI NAOFA, ATHENRY, CO. GALWAY
This policy was drawn up as a result of consultation between staff, pupils, Parents Council and Board of Management
In order to comply with the Education (Welfare) Act 2000, our school reviewed our code of behaviour in accordance with the Guidelines publishing by the National Education Welfare Board.
Our code of behaviour is a set of programmes, practices and procedures
- For helping pupils in our school to behave well and learn well.
- To help our school community to encourage good behaviour and prevent unacceptable behaviour.
- To help our school community to work together for a happy, effective and safe school.
RELATIONSHIP TO SCHOOL ETHOS
Scoil Chroí Naofa is a Presentation Primary School. As a Catholic School we endorse the Catholic ethos. We are a Christian group of pupils, parents, staff and management who share a similar vision. We live out the Christian message by handing on the faith and Christian values. We cherish our pupils equally and recognising the uniqueness of each child, we work together so they may all reach their potential in all areas of the curriculum.
It is our vision that each child is nurtured so that he/she can develop his/her potential in a caring, stable secure learning environment where each child’s talents are valued. We expect high standards of behaviour and demand a high level of care, respect and responsibility from the entire school community. It is our duty to maintain an effective learning environment for all, while supporting pupils whose behaviour presents a challenge to the teaching and learning process.
We, the staff in Scoil Chroí Naofa aim to
- Develop the whole child physically, intellectually, emotionally, creatively, spiritually and socially.
- Enable each child to develop in an open, happy, safe, stimulating and mutually respectful environment.
- Develop a love of learning and openness to lifelong learning.
- Develop as a social being who lives and co-operates generously with others and so contributes to the good of society.
As a Presentation School the Board of Management, Staff and Parents of Scoil Chroí Naofa are committed to the following mission by:
- Respecting the dignity of each pupil, staff member and parent
- Cultivating good relationships
- Being inclusive and being especially mindful of the disadvantaged and those with special needs
- By welcoming children from diverse, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Providing a holistic education, enabling each student to achieve their full potential
- Striving for excellence in all aspects of school life
- Promoting a sense of responsibility and a spirit of service and care
- Promoting justice and care for the earth and all of God’s creation
- Being rooted in our local parish and wider community; being truly a resource for the local community and mindful of local needs
- Being open to alternative approaches to education especially for those who are most disadvantaged
- Engaging in reflective practice at all levels
- An cultúr agus an teanga gaelach a chothú agus a úsáid
The aim of our school is
- To enable a child to live a full life as a child and to realise his or her potential as a unique individual.
- To enable the child to develop as a social being working and cooperating with others and so contributing to the good of society.
- To prepare the child for further educating and lifelong learning.
Goals of Policy:
- Creating a climate that encourages and reinforces good behaviour
- Creating a positive and safe environment for teaching and learning
- Encouraging pupils to take personal responsibility for their learning and their behaviour
- Helping young people to mature into responsible citizens
- Building positive relationships of mutual respect and mutual support among pupils, staff and parents
- Implementing our code of behaviour in a fair, just manner.
- Ensuring that our school’s high expectations for the behaviour of all the members of the school community are widely known and understood.
Download our policy for more information
CODE OF BEHAVIOUR POLICY