BOARD OF MANAGEMENT 2017-2018
All schools operate under the Rules of National Schools, which are drawn up by the Minister for Education. The patron of our school is the local Bishop. The Board of Management is comprised of representatives of the patron, parents, teachers and the local community. They are elected every three years. They have four meetings together over the course of the school year.
The members of the Board of Management of Scoil Chroí Naofa for this school year are as follows:
- Two members appointed by the patron, Gerry Farrell and Fr. Benny McHale.
- Two parents, a mother and a father of children in the school, Bernie Ryan and Anne Flannery.
- The principal and a teacher representative, Teresa Neylon and Cathriona Cronin
- Two members from the community elected by the Board of Management, Tom Lane and Margaret Seery.
The Board of Management had four meetings during the year. The Chairperson, Treasurer and Principal have numerous meetings.Board members take on an active role and presence in the school.
The Board has purchased the following items this school year:
- a graded series of books for children who need extra support in literacy.
- many teaching aids for the Aistear programme
- iPads for the four Special Education Teachers
- some classroom iPads for the pupils